Sunday, October 21, 2012

Halloween Party

On Friday, we went to Colin's annual work Halloween party.  We are usually still trying to figure out what we are going to wear at the last minute.  Going to a Halloween shop and picking something out would be easy, but let's be honest...it is so expensive for something you will only wear once! 

This year, Colin found a mask online several months ago that he knew would be an instant hit at the party.  The only problem was I still needed a costume!  We knew we wanted to go as a couple, or at least have our costumes coordinate.  Then, I had an idea and we were set! 

An equestrian rider and her horse!


Luckily, we only had to buy a few supplies to execute the costumes.  We already had all our clothes.  I made a crop (whip) out of a wooden dowel and black electric tape.  I cut off most of the brim off a hat from Target to make my helmet.  We used yarn to make a tail for Colin.  He wore black shoes and black gloves for hooves, and then we used white tape on his ankles and wrists like a show horse.

Everyone LOVED the costumes.  They thought they were hilarious and were impressed by how thought out they were.  We even won the trophy for Most Creative Couple!


To get the full effect of the costumes, we posed for another picture.


It was a great party.  The decorations are always superb, or should I say spooky!  There was a coffin in the front yard, flying rats on the patio, skeletons floating in the pool, and even a guillotine in the backyard!  We decided to try out the pillory.


Now, we need to think of good costumes for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment