Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend - Girl Version

This Memorial Day weekend, Colin went out of town on a baseball trip, so I had the house to myself.  What's a girl to do?  Yogurt dates, girly books, and a ladies night of course!

Friday night, I had a much needed yogurt date with my sweet friend, Megan, that was in town from Houston.  Love getting to catch up with her, but so sad I didn't take a picture!

Saturday was low-key - just what I needed.  Saturday night, several ladies from our ABF came over for some pizza and girl bonding.  A perfect combo!

A random question about what people can do before and after having babies had us on the floor doing all kinds of stretches and exercises.  We even 'phoned a friend' and had Katy do a back bend to prove you still could after having a baby.  She was our myth-buster of the evening!  

{Denise & I doing a frog balance pose; 
Denise doing a back-bend, Alicia stretching for splits, and Katy doing a back-bend}


{Erin, Christie, Denise, Alicia, Me, and Anna}

Needless to say, it was a great evening with these lovely ladies.  I am so blessed to have such sweet friends!

On Sunday, I went to church and then to Matt & Anna's house for some hamburgers for lunch!  They were delish - and I was so happy to have a little something from the grill! 

 {Our gracious host, Anna, saying "cheese!"
& cutie Westin}

The rest of the weekend was filled with reading, relaxing, and a little cleaning (so I did not feel quite as guilty about not getting as much done all weekend).

What was I reading you may ask?  I finished a three book series by Nora Roberts, The Boonsboro Inn Triology (pretty good), and now I am hooked on the Left Behind series (just finished the third book).

1 comment:

  1. i'm so sad I missed that girls night. We should have another one soon!!

    ReplyDelete