On the Saturday closest to St. Patrick's Day, there is always a parade on Greenville in Dallas. I had always heard that it was pretty crazy, but I had never been. Some of our good friends live on a street nearby, so they had several friends over to celebrate and people watch! We enjoyed some delicious barbeque (thanks, Brian!), tasty treats (thanks, Tiffany!), and some great company.
After lunch, we sat out on their front porch and watched people go in every direction - whether it be looking for the concert, the house party, or their cars! We had a scary moment where a guy passed out walking across the street near their house, but he was okay - just had a little too much fun. Probably the most traumatic thing we saw was the horse of the cop that stopped to help the guy. I will spare you the details. ;)
It was a lot of fun people-watching, and I must admit that I was glad we did not have to be in the middle of all the chaos to experience it!
No comments:
Post a Comment