The guys in our small group decided that they should go on a camping trip, so for the last few weeks, they have been planning away. It was funny to see the different approaches the guys were taking - some had spreadsheets, others would rather just talk about it and hope they remembered to bring everything. Either way, us ladies were excited they were going to get some good "guy time," and give us an opportunity to have another girl's night!
The boys left for Tyler State Park on Friday afternoon. They made it in time to setup camp before dinner. As for what they did the rest of the evening - who knows.
Meanwhile, I made last minute plans to have dinner with Denise and Erin at BJs. Afterwards, we went back to Denise's house to watch a chick flick.
Saturday, the boys awoke to a beautiful sunrise.
That day, they went fishing and on a brief "hike" and enjoyed hanging out with one another.
They made steaks for dinner, and answered questions that us ladies had prepared for them.
Us ladies met at Anna's house where we had pizza, dessert, and lots of great conversation.
The boys had come up with questions for us to ask each other, which were very thought provoking and humbling. We were quite impressed, and spent the majority of the evening answering them!
Colin and I both had a wonderful weekend with our friends, but it was so nice to be back in the same house. (I think Colin was especially grateful for our bed after sleeping on the ground for two nights!) I have said it before, and I will say it again - these friends are such a blessing in our lives. We do not know what we would do without them!
.jpeg)



No comments:
Post a Comment